Updated: 14 November 1995
Table Of Contents
pamaddnoise - add noise to a Netpbm image
pamaddnoise -type gaussian
pamaddnoise -type multiplicative_gaussian
pamaddnoise -type impulse
pamaddnoise -type laplacian
pamaddnoise -type poisson
This program is part of Netpbm.
pamaddnoise adds the specified noise type to a Netpbm image.
pamaddnoise treats a PPM image as 3 independent planes, not as
a plane of colors in a color space.
- -lambda value
- Used for poisson noise only. The default value is 0.05.
- -lsigma value
- Used for laplacian noise only. The default value is 10.0.
- -mgsigma value
- Used for multiplicative gaussian noise only. The default value is
- -seed int
- Used for all noise types. Set the initial random number generator
- -sigma1 value
- Used for gaussian noise only. The default value is 4.0.
- -sigma2 value
- Used for gaussian noise only. The default value is 20.0.
- -tolerance ratio
Used for impulse noise only. The default value is 0.10. This means
that 5% of all pixel values will be set to 0 and 5% will be set to
- -type noise_type
Select type of noise by name. The following noise types are
available: gaussian, multiplicative_gaussian, impulse, laplacian,
poisson. Only enough letters to be unique are required for the noise
type option. The default noise type is gaussian.
- "Adaptive Image Restoration in Signal-Dependent Noise"
by R. Kasturi Institute for Electronic Science, Texas Tech University,
- "Digital Image Processing Algorithms" by Ioannis Pitas,
Prentice Hall, 1993 ISBN 0-13-145814-0
pamaddnoise was added to Netpbm in Version 10.29 (August 2005).
It had been distributed by Mike Burns via his own web site before that
(and continued to be so).
Burns' version, and the one in Netpbm 10.29, was called pnmaddnoise
and worked only on PNM images. In Netpbm 10.30, it was converted to handle
PAM images and renamed to pamaddnoise.
Copyright (C) 1995 by Mike Burns <email@example.com>
Table Of Contents